Welcome to Equine Knowledge BHS Stage Three Preparation Course.
This comprehensive self-study training course has been created to help you prepare for the BHS Stage Three Care and BHS Stage Three Lunge Qualifications.
Designed with an easy to follow format, the course has been split up into three main parts: Care A, Care B and Lungeing the Horse. Care A and B are then separated into the individual topics, following the same order as the BHS stage 3 syllabus. This allows you to work methodically or in your preferred order, and to feel confident you have all the relevant information required to train for the BHS Stage Three examination.
For those with no desire to gain equestrian qualifications, this course enables you to develop and increase your practical skills and knowledge about horses.
To help you learn and study this course incorporates different e-learning tools including:
- Step by step guides: Photographs, along with instructions, illustrate how to perform each practical task correctly.
- Exam techniques/tips: Designed to teach you how to accomplish practical tasks in the correct exam format.
- High-quality photographs and illustrations: Visual images enable you to recognise all aspects of horsemanship.
- Online factsheets: Provide all the relevant information required for the BHS Stage 3 Care and Lungeing examinations.
- PDF Worksheets : Excellent for testing your knowledge on each subject. Simply print out and complete the exercises, then store in a folder and use as revision notes.
- Practical tasks: Designed to put all the theory into practice, they should be completed when you have finished the online section of each subject. Once you are well rehearsed, and before taking the BHS exam, we recommend you ask a BHS instructor to observe you performing all the practical tasks.
Please Note: This training course has been designed to help prepare you for the BHS Stage Three Care and BHS Stage Three Lunge exams. To obtain these qualifications you need to take and pass the exam at a recognised BHS exam centre; relevant dates and centres can be found on the British Horse Society website.
Sign up today for only £45.00 per year. Why not take advantage of our 20% discount; simply enter "FREE20" at the checkout and receive this course for only £ 36.00.
BHS Stage Three subjects
Stage 3: Care A:
- 1. Roles, Rights and Responsibilities of a Groom.
- 2. Saddlery & Fitting Tack.
- 3. Fitting Studs.
- 4. Bits & Bitting.
- 5. Anatomy & Physiology.
- 6. Horse Health.
- 7. Horse Behaviour.
- 8. Feeding.
Stage 3: Care B:
- 9. Fitness.
- 10. Clipping the Horse.
- 11. Managing a Turnout Area.
- 12. Conformation.
Stage 3: Lungeing the Horse.