Please Note: This course has been updated to correspond with the newly revised BHS Stage One Care syllabus.
Welcome to Equine Knowledge BHS Stage One Care Preparation Course.
Whichever route you plan to take with horses, whether you wish to start a career as an instructor or groom or to be a dedicated owner, this course is your very first step. Its main purpose is to provide you with a great foundation on which to build a solid working knowledge of horses.
We have split the course up in to two sections, Care A and Care B, replicating the newly updated BHS stage one care syllabus. This allows anyone training for the BHS Stage One Care qualification to feel confident they have all the relevant information to help pass each unit of the exam. For those with no desire to gain equestrian qualifications, this course offers you a diverse range of theoretical and practical skills to further your knowledge about horses.
The course has been designed with an easy to follow format, using modern and engaging e-learning tools. These include:
- Step by step guides: high quality photographs, along with instructions, illustrate how to perform each practical task correctly.
- Video clips: demonstrate how to complete each practical task and are included with the step by step guides.
- Exam techniques/tips: these include video clips, step by step guides and instructions. Designed to teach you how to accomplish practical tasks in the correct exam format.
- High-quality photographs and illustrations: large amounts of visual images enables you to recognise all aspects of horsemanship.
- Online factsheets: provide all the relevant information required for the BHS stage one exam.
- Online quizzes: for testing your knowledge, and memory, on each subject.
- PDF's: simply print out, and complete the relevant exercises. Store them in a folder and use as revision notes.
- Practical tasks: designed to put all the theory you have learnt into practice. These are to be completed when you have finished the online section of each subject. Once you are well rehearsed, and before taking the BHS exam, we recommend you ask a BHS instructor to observe you performing all the practical tasks.
Please Note: This course has been designed to prepare you for the BHS Stage One Care section of the stage one exam. To obtain this qualification you need to sit and pass the exam at an approved BHS exam centre. To find relevant dates and centres to take the exam, visit the British Horse Society website.
If you are studying towards the BHS stage one exam, or want to further your knowledge about caring for horses, then sign up today!
Sign up today for only £35.00 per year. Why not take advantage of our 20% discount; simply enter "FREE20" at the checkout and receive this course for only £28.00.
BHS Stage One subjects
Stage 1: Care A:
- About the British Horse Society.
- Exam Techniques & Tips.
- 1. Responsibilities of Working on a Yard.
- 2. Mucking Out & Yard Maintenance.
- 3. Grooming & the Horse’s Hooves.
- 4. Horse Description, Health & Behaviour.
- 5. Rugs.
Stage 1: Care B:
- 6. Saddlery & Tacking Up.
- 7. Handling the Horse.
- 8. Feeding & Watering the Horse.