Please Note: This course has been updated to correspond with the newly revised BHS stage 2 Care and BHS stage 2 Lungeing syllabus.
Welcome to Equine Knowledge BHS Stage Two Preparation Course.
This training course has been created to prepare you for the newly updated BHS Stage Two Care and BHS Stage Two Lunge Qualifications.
The course is split up in to three main parts: Care A, Care B and Lungeing the Horse. Each of the three sections are separated into individual topics, providing you with all the relevant information required to train for the BHS stage two care and lunge examinations. For those with no desire to gain equestrian qualifications, this course equips you with an increased range of practical skills and knowledge about horses.
Designed with an easy to follow format, this course allows you to either work methodically or in a preferred order and incorporates modern and engaging e-learning tools including:
- Step by step guides: Photographs, along with instructions, illustrate how to perform each practical task correctly.
- Video clips: Included, where applicable, with the step by step guides. They help to demonstrate how to complete the practical tasks.
- Exam techniques/tips: These include video clips, step by step guides and instructions. Designed to teach you how to accomplish practical tasks in the correct exam format.
- High-quality photographs and illustrations: Large amounts of visual images enables you to recognise all aspects of horsemanship.
- Online factsheets: Provide all the relevant information required for the BHS stage two exam.
- PDF quizzes: Excellent for testing your knowledge and memory on each subject.
- PDF Revision Notes: Simply print out, and complete the relevant exercises. Store them in a folder and use for revision.
- Practical tasks: Designed to put all the theory you have learnt into practice. These are to be completed when you have finished the online section of each subject. Once you are well rehearsed, and before taking the BHS exam, we recommend you ask a BHS instructor to observe you performing all the practical tasks.
Please Note: This training course has been designed to prepare you for the BHS Stage Two Care and BHS Stage Two Lunge exams. To obtain these qualifications you need to sit and pass the exam at a recognised BHS exam centre. To find relevant dates and centres to take the exam, visit the British Horse Society website.
If you have already passed your BHS stage one qualification, completed the Equine Knowledge BHS stage one course, or want to build a strong knowledge of horses and their care then this course is ideal.
Sign up today for only £40.00 per year. Why not take advantage of our 20% discount; simply enter "FREE20" at the checkout and receive this course for only £32.00.
BHS Stage Two subjects
Stage 2: Care A:
- Role, Rights and Responsibilities of an Assistant Groom.
- Fitting Tack & Boots.
- Travelling the Horse.
- The Horse’s Behaviour.
- Horse Anatomy.
Stage 2: Care B:
- Horse Health.
- Preparing a Horse for Presentation.
- Care of the Horses’ Hooves.
- The Horse’s Environment.
Stage 2: Lungeing the Horse.